Saturday, January 1, 2011

No Junk Food January

So last year I sat silently by while my future wife refused to eat junk food. I was surprised by her resolve as some of her less than disciplined friends fell off the wagon, she was indomitable and completed “No Junk Food January” with her head held high.

This year will be different, as I have decided to take on this challenge. Overall it isn’t as “extreme” as some of the cleanses or “diets” I have tried in the past, but it will be more than I have done the past year as far as watching what I eat.

That being said, here are our rules:

1) No dessert, candy, ice cream or anything like this
2) No fried stuff (that includes potato chips)
3) No beer or white wine (red wine is okay)
4) No pastries from starbucks/quiktrip/caribou
5) No food with excessive amount of cheese
6) Store bought pizza/carryout pizza not okay, but homemade pizza okay.
7) Only “Sugar Free” energy drinks (don’t worry, no aspartame)
a. Additionally I won’t be drinking these during the week. (which I do anyway :P)

Also, I am going to start working out three times a week, since I haven’t worked out since the living history farms race.

Peace,
Ryan

1 comment:

Actuary Mom said...

I'm glad you are avoiding aspartame.