Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Paper Airplane

If you would have known me in my youth you would have known that I do enjoy making paper airplanes. From your standard Fliers to Sprinters, to gliders, I used to (try) to fold them all. I remember when I was in elementary/middle school and I used to make a standard paper airplane fill the middle with toothpicks and throw them at “action figures”. The effect was a sort of dive bombing, and occupied hours of my brother and I’s time. I was proud of MY paper airplane making skills. I still remember how to make some planes, but I have long since lost my paper airplane book, and my interest has declined.


This past Sunday Brother Minister Barker, talked about Genesis 1:1, and how “God created the Heavens and the Earth”. He talked about how he (Barker) made a snow ball, but then he went into all the details of what was necessary to “make” a snow ball. About how the water has to be 32 Degrees, and the atmospheric pressure has to be just right, and how Earths Gravity has to be just right, and how water hast to have first evaporated and be carried by earths winds. And for the wind to exist the earth has to rotate. The Earths rotation has to be just perfect so it doesn’t go crashing into the sun. It really blew my mind. God made all of this out of nothing.


Humanity has made some pretty amazing things, I work downtown so I get to marvel at some of them on a daily basis, from the HUGE sky scrapers to the vehicles that get me to work every day. Yet everything we “make”, from Brandon Barkers snowballs to my paper airplanes to the Space Shuttle, comes from something that God made from nothing. Not only does God give us the natural recourses to build things, he has given us the laws of physics that allow us to build some of the most amazing things on Earth. Even with our ability to manipulate to "create" nothing will ever compare to some of the most beautiful things God has created without the help of a human hand.




I look in awe at all that He has created and I am speechless.


Sincerely,
Ryan

No comments: