Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Great Song

This entire weekend I have not been able to get this song out of my head. I have actually sang the entire thing many many times just to myself, and sometimes with my wife. Take it for what it is, I’ll admit it is artsy, and the verses don’t always make sense unless you think about them and even then they are open for interpretation. The main theme is that Jesus loves us, it may seem a little cliché but I think it is often times some thing we forget. Well without further a due here is the song…


He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane I am a tree
Bent beneath the weight of his wind and mercy
Then all of a sudden I am unaware
of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
And I realize just how beautiful you are
and how great your affections are for me

Oh how he loves us so
Oh how he loves usHow he loves us so
Yea He loves us

We are his portion
And he is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in his eyes
So heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
And I don’t have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about the way
He loves us

Oh how he loves us
Oh how He loves us
How he loves us so.


There are different versions of this song, but I like the one played by the Westwind Church worship team the best.
Much Love,
Ryan

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Beautiful. Hopefully you did not inherit Grandma's voice.