Friday, December 17, 2010

Dudes

Lately I have come to realize how awesome some of the dudes that go to my church are, and thought you should know about them too.








Travis : Travis and I have known each other for a little over a year, we met through Kaci and Battlestar Galactica. Shortly after meeting we became accountability partners and quick friends. Travis started dating his now fiancĂ© Sarah shortly after Kaci and I became “official”. Travis and I have enjoyed the ups and downs of our relationships together and he has always been there to punch me in my man parts when I screw up. He was also a founding father of Beardenzia. I will be standing up for Travis at his wedding, just as he stood up for me at mine. Together we are sharpening one another as the verse in Proverbs goes. I am truly blessed to call Travis my friend.



Ryan Tow This is one of the most selfless people I know and a great man who leads by example. He has a family of three young children, and recently took in two foster kids. He is an elder at Westwind, and has led a Bible study that outgrew his house and had to multiply. He is one of the nicest men I have ever met and a guy who I often seek advice from. This is a man who leads by example, plain and simple.



Brother Minister Barker This is another guy that I go to for advice, (although I don’t always take it :P). He was with Kaci and I through pre-engagement counseling and is a great shepherd leader. He always makes sure I am equipped to lead my own Bible study, and reminds me often that it is ok to “say no”. He has also spurred me on to pursue Biblical Manhood, and is always at the church offices at 6:15am every Thursday for “Men’s Fraternity”.



Derek Martin: A member of Beardenzia, this Man also pursues Biblical manhood. His authenticity and ZEAL to get closer to God has been a great example for me. He also has a great somewhat subtle sense of humor. Also Beards.



David Khak Lam: This Cop from the rough streets of Vietnam (by way of China) is a man after God’s own heart. He is willing to open up and share his struggles with me and is always asking for advice. He also opens up his home and allows me to do laundry there FOR FREE on Sundays! Dave has also served as a great example of leadership. He is constantly challenging the men around him to grow closer to God and reject the sin they may have become accustomed to. He is also nice enough to record the UFC for me (since I don’t have cable). Dave is also a great example of hospitality, he has opened up his home to Derek and Travis, and there will be another guy moving in this winter. Besides having almost three roommates, Dave is constantly having get together at his house, this has built community in our connection group. Dave is a great guy, and single (ladies??).



Ben and Tyler These guys recently joined our accountability group (which is now, Travis, Derek, Ben, Tyler, and myself) While these gentlemen don’t share the same nerdy interests as Derek, Travis and I we do share a love for Jesus, and they are constantly authentic and challenging me to grow closer to God.



Anyway, that would be a brief overview of some of the great dudes I have met at Westwind Church, I look forward to getting to know them and sharpening them as they sharpen me. There are a TON of other guys that go to our church who are amazing, I just picked these few because they have had the greatest impact on my life.



Until Next Time,



Ryan

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

does harrison ford go to your church b/c that would be pretty awesome!

Cindy said...

That is not a picture of Harrison Ford that is Ryan's Dad :p

Ben Bobier said...

Ryan,
Thanks for this post. Tis true I may not share in the nerdy things, but you as well are authentic and challenge me. Thank you for your friendship; it means a great deal to me.

Blessings,
BB