Monday, November 8, 2010

Hello Again

It’s been a while since my last blog post and I think that the cooler weather has inspired me to start writing again. (or start trying to write).

I guess I have been internally processing a lot of things lately, mostly theology based, wrestling with the tough questions. Working out my salvation with fear and trembling. I read a lot of Driscoll and some Piper looking at the idea of predestination (aka Calvinism) the far reaching implications of Calvinism as well as free will (aka Armenianism), and the implications of free will thinking.

A ton of Bible reading went into this study as it does continue. These questions have given me new motivation to spend time in the Bible, taking in God’s wisdom and basking in his glorious work. I think that with this study I have come to know God more, which is what I had hoped for.

While I feel there is a legitimate case for Armenianism I tend to fall on the Calvinistic side of things, and I was probably predestined to land that way (It’s ok if you want to laugh at that). The thing that I cannot get around with Armenianism is the total depravity of man (by man I mean humans). I don’t think that given a choice anyone would “choose” God.

Romans 3:10-20

As it is written:
“There is no one righteous, not even one; 11 there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. 12 All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.” 13 “Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit.” “The poison of vipers is on their lips.” 14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood; 16 ruin and misery mark their ways, 17 and the way of peace they do not know.”18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I am on your side of it. Not because I am a deep thinker etc., I just think it is in God's devine design and it also gives me comfort for eternal security. The Bible has many men whom God had born for a specific purpose (Samson, John the Baptist). I think sometimes spiritual pride can creep in when people think they can have anything to do with their salvation. See ya soon :)

Kelsey said...

you are getting all most as bad as me about updating your blog.
shame on you :)